Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill’s European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
The Shift Manager will manage all staff and operational areas of a 50-plus person shift, in line with Cargill’s policies, procedures and applicable legislation. This includes producing quality products which meet customer requirements on time and to specification, in a safe and efficient manner to agreed cost standards. The Shift Manager will be required to deputize when needed in the absence of the Operations Manager.
The position works on a 4 on 4 off shift patterns comprising of 12 hour day and night shifts.
- To coordinate, via Team Leaders, all operational shift personnel, to produce quality products to schedule, whilst maintaining a safe, efficient and cost effective operation with maximum utilisation of resources
- To create and maintain a safe and hygienic working environment through adherence to Cargill and legislative requirements and completing any health and safety documentation for the shift
- To continually evaluate product quality in conjunction with the Quality Auditor, implementing the required corrective actions to attain the product quality to customer standards
- Manage, motivate & empower operators, developing them to their full potential
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, including general issues to root cause
- Accountable for all aspects of the site at night, weekends, or when there is no other senior management on site
- To maximize improvement opportunities in all areas of control, through continual review of operations and by instigating improvements where necessary and drive through any changes
- Control the shift’s costs by minimizing spend and waste, driving cost saving ideas
- Manage New Product Development trials on the line
- Ensure accurate record keeping to ensure zero pay queries by managing the time and attendance system
- Secondary level qualifications (Maths and English)
- Proven production management experience in the Food, Drink or FMCG sector
- Leadership skills; able to communicate clear objectives, provide feedback, suggest improvement for individual performance to direct reports
- Change management skills to introduce new ways of thinking and behaving and apply new ideas
- Manage conflicting priorities and time deadlines
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to give meaningful reports and actions
- IOSH Managing Safely or alternative safety qualification
- A formal Lean/ Continuous Improvement certification
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.