Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
Cargill’s European Protein business is a leading supplier of food products to foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets.
Food Scientist is responsible for research, development, and application for different products in Cargill. This includes developing application solutions and optimizations as well as providing business and customer partnership. This role acts as a lead collaborator in application technologies for the business as well as for key and strategic customers. The role provides considerable opportunity to grow experience in processing high quality, high throughput cooked, ready to eat poultry products, managing projects and exposure to high customer standards and to develop into a subject matter expert.
- Performs research and development and application work in lab or pilot plants to understand the properties of products and systems as it relates to the subject of study and develops protocols for formulation.
- Establishes product specifications, and coordinates with engineering, plant operations, marketing and sales colleagues to ensure adequate resources are engaged to test and deliver technical findings.
- Conducts complex research that translates into marketable products, processes, systems and further develops existing technology.
- Supports commercial and technical teams to build strong customer relationships and gain market insights, seeking for new opportunities and stay current with scientific literature and the general food industry to enable business insights.
- Develops applications, sensory methods, or new analytical techniques, and maintains calibration in collaboration with Food Safety and Quality to ensure consistent processes and customer experiences.
- Conducts analysis and provides interpretation of trial results to internal stakeholders that are completed by self, team members and with minimal direction determines next steps.
- Analyzes, interprets and documents project results for more complex projects and presents results to cross-functional audiences for use in future product development or modification.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- 15% of European travel will be required.
- Master's degree in food science, food technology, chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal, communication, prioritization, report writing and presentation skills. Including the ability to communicate technical and sensory details to wide array of people and project teams.
- Experience in processing Poultry/ Meat would be highly preferred, including experience of hygiene requirements for fully cooked, fried, ready to eat products.
- Project management skills including planning (time and resources).
- Food manufacturing or application laboratory experience.
- Experience in protocol development.
- Experience with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project leadership.
- Relevant work experience in product or process technology.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/