Engineering Placement Student UK 2023
£21,000 per year plus benefits
Location: Placements available in Manchester (x2), Liverpool (x4) and Hull (x3)
Start date: June 2023
Are you looking for an Engineering placement at the end of your second or third year and are you studying an Engineering degree? If so Cargill can offer you a superb opportunity to gain valuable work experience on our 12 month Undergraduate programme.
During your placement with Cargill you will spend your time in one of our Processing Facilities either in Manchester, Liverpool, Hull or Wolverhampton.
You will be responsible for small projects from initial design to completion. This will involve justification of projects, design, liaise with contractors to obtain the best possible solution, installation and finally commissioning. This could be anything from modification of pipe work to implementing changes in the process. You will participate in day to day manufacturing operations and this could include shift work.
The Engineering Placement programme also gives you the potential to be offered a graduate role once you have graduated.
What you will be doing:
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
- Spend time working on-shift to learn our processes and support site production management
- Play an active part in running our process and supporting our business
- Support and lead small continuous improvement processes, delivering improvements around safety, food safety, product yield and process efficiency
- Be given direct responsibility for capital projects, including the design, installation and commissioning to help develop project management skills and responsibility for a future career
- Responsible for running regular site project update meetings and maintaining budget information for all site projects on Cargill’s project monitoring software
- Coordinate input from engineering disciplines and subject matter experts to ensure engineering designs meet the specific needs of the business
- Learn soft skills that will be transferable in your future career
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of unit operations learnt at university with hands on practical experience
- Develop the ability to work with a variety of different colleagues in our operations i.e. operators, supervisors, supply chain, finance, Health & Safety and food quality.
- Be involved in citizenship activities within our local communities
What we are looking for:
- Currently studying for an undergraduate Engineering Degree (BEng. or MEng.) with an expected grade of 2:1 or above
- Preferred Subjects: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering, Food Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering.
- Engineering students that are able to take ownership, want to gain hands on experience, and are curious and passionate to learn as well as being a strong communicator
- Good technical understanding of a process environment
- Ability to learn to use new engineering and management software swiftly and proficiently
- A strong interest in our business, our industry and in particular the position you have applied for
- Fluency in English language.
The next stage of our recruitment process is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of pre-recorded online questions. Please, kindly expect to receive an e-mail with the subject “You are invite to interview with Cargill”. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to an assessment centre at one of our locations which involves a group activity, plant tour, short presentation and face to face interview with the team
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.