Virtual Crop Input Sales Representative
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
The candidate can be located anywhere within Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba Regions and will work remotely.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Crop Input Sales Representative will help sell a portfolio of our technical and nontechnical agronomic products, services and solutions directly to farm customers. We seek a results-oriented professional with a thorough understanding of crop production, margin management, farm business challenges and ability to connect with farm customers.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with retention customers that are experiencing a transition of their primary account manager.
- Inform customers of our new products, services and prices.
- With guidance, create, monitor and maintain lead generation plans to develop sales opportunities.
- Assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products, services and solutions.
- Help develop medium- to long-term sales plans, preparing strategies to protect, grow and diversify relationships with targeted customers.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Post secondary education or degree in agriculture or business administration
- Proven ability to connect and sell virtually with customers
- Strong knowledge of crop production practices in Western Canada
- Effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.