Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Soybean Merchant will handle a supplier base and fulfill transactions delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. We seek an experienced professional to buy and sell commodities from/to country elevators, producers and processors.
- Collaborate with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Originate, procure and sell commodities to regional customers to reach target volumes and gain revenue.
- Generate market, position and profit and loss reports based on data and specialty reports gathered by colleagues.
- Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts in developing business solutions to meet their needs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Experience trading soybeans or another Ag commodity
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.