Crop Inputs Purchasing Intern 2021
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 16 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
As a Crop Inputs Purchasing Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the Purchasing Administrators for both Cargill and the Ag Resource network in chemical, seed and fertilizer supply chain management.
- Co-ordinate the flawless execution of seed, chemical and fertilizer orders from suppliers along with maintaining transaction records for the rest of the team.
- Complete order reconciliations on a daily /weekly basis.
- Assist with updating and creating product codes, price lists and product costing.
- Working on projects as required
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered future opportunities.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Able to complete a minimum 16 week internship starting in January 2021.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Superior interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize to efficiently process high volume of transactions
- Ability to take imitative and work with minimal supervision
- Effective problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong computer knowledge in a Microsoft environment including superior working skills in Excel.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.