Commodity Trading Associate 2021
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Commodity Trading Associate Position:
As a Commodity Trading Associate, you will be a part of a fast-paced environment, tackling real-world challenges while trading agricultural commodities such as grain, oilseeds/oilseed products, feed and processing by-products. We look for people who are comfortable taking and managing risk, challenging the status quo and who are motivated and driven to succeed.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with country elevators, producers, feed mills, and processors
- Analyze supply and demand, survey market conditions, and other economic forces in order to maintain and grow Cargill's position in the market place
- Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity purchase/sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment
- Coordinate transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts
- Ensure thorough and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure of all contracts
- Provide timely and effective communication and interaction with other Cargill teams such as sales, transportation and logistics, quality assurance, plant personnel, engineers and accountants
- Make occasional plant and crop survey trips to visit with suppliers and internal and external customers
- Complete and collaborate on other projects and assignments as needed
Key Capabilities for Success:
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, even when outcome is uncertain
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills; working in a team environment; coaching and developing others
- Essential leadership qualities of integrity, conviction and courage
- Motivation and drive to succeed
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, price-volatile, changing environment
- Willingness to relocate and accept challenging responsibilities
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for a supplementary health, dental, disability and life benefits package.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
- The Commodity Trading Associate role offers quick integration into the business through clear work expectations and responsibilities
- Participate in team building activities in a team-oriented, fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Winnipeg, MB
- Office setting
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program, graduating between December 2020 and August 2021
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Successfully completed, currently enrolled, or planning to complete before graduating either a micro or macro introductory college-level economics course
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an associate opportunity anywhere in Canada.
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited program with a major or emphasis in Business, Economics or Agricultural Economics graduating between December 2020 and August 2021.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.