Business Transportation Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
The Business Transportation Lead is a position created in conjunction with the changes across Cargill Supply Chain and Enterprise structures. This Lead role is a nested position responsible for transportation & logistics activities of the business (or set of businesses). The purpose of this role is to provide clear connection and joint accountability between the businesses and the CTL function and will serve as the point of contact representing both the business commercial and supply chain as well as the Function’s requirements. This role will need to understand and represent the full scope of the business’s transportation & logistics activities, ensure execution within the business and drive the effort towards delivery on transportation & logistics metrics.
Includes work in the areas of strategy & execution leadership, business budget & resource management, sourcing compliance, activity monitoring & measurement, supply chain interface, customer relationship and talent management inputs
- Leads development and implementation of transportation & logistics long term vision and strategic direction for a large Business Group/s, including long-range objectives, policies and strategy, while owning Business’ T&L budget and deliverables
- Accountable for achieving transportation & logistics targets and goals for a large business groups.
- Identifies, generates and tracks metrics across a large Business group/s to measure transportation & logistics performance and value realization against defined short and long term objectives (eg. cost reduction, process improvements and system utilization).
- Leverage and align Business Group/s transportation strategies with CTL strategic priorities, including mode, regional, CTL operations, business/strategy development and talent/HR.
- Stakeholder relationships within the Business, partners with senior leadership to manage more significant and/or more complex transportation & logistics matters for a Business Group/s which may have significant financial or competitive risk and/or risk to Cargill strategy, brand, or global reputation.
- Establish or contribute to the overall transportation and logistics core staff strategy, leading a small team of transportation and logistics staff.
- Oversee, train and supervise staff and support staff to ensure the customer is satisfied and customer inquiries, incidents and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback from the business to the broader transportation and logistics community on best practices and benchmark standards.
- You will develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business and/or regulatory environment while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also coordinate subordinate managers and supervisors in selecting staff to align with current and future needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain (and related fields) or business management in a related field
- 8 years’ experience in Transportation & Logistics
- 5 years’ experience in sourcing & logistics operations
- General understanding of Transportation & Logistics laws and regulations
- 5 years of influencing across a complex multi-modal/functional organization
- Change leadership experience
- MBA or equivalent in logistics, supply chain (and related fields) or business management
- Multimodal and multi-model transportation strategy and execution
- Ability to leverage the functionality of an SAP TM or other Transportation Management System (TMS)
- 5+ Years of experience in Rail Sourcing or Operations
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.