Supply Chain Rotational Associate 2021
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As a Rotational Associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Supply Chain Rotational Associate Position:
Think about a career where you get to be a key player in optimizing Cargill’s integrated Supply Chain. Your career path could take you to demand planning for a business, to implementation of key strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives, to partnering on integrated business planning, and beyond. During the rotational program, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way.
Program Highlights: The Supply Chain Rotational Program is a two-year rotational program, with 6 months spent in each rotation. In this program, you will focus on developing the key skills and capabilities early in your career that are critical for future leaders within Business Operations and Supply Chain at Cargill. Participants will receive real, immediately impactful, and diverse experiences in each rotation. During this program, you will have the opportunity to explore and determine your passion in a world-class supply chain organization while having a dedicated support system to ensure you are reaching your full potential.
The program allows you to rotate through areas such as, but not limited to: Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain, Cargill Animal Nutrition, Food Ingredients & Bio-industrials, Cargill Protein & Salt, Transportation & Logistics, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, and Supply Chain Planning. After successful completion of the two year rotational program, you will be placed into a permanent position.
- Cohort experience: You will join the Supply Chain Rotational Program with other new graduates onboarding and training together during a week-long training session. During your two years, you will participate in various activities together with your cohort. In addition, you will be assigned a 1-2 year cohort project where you will work together to solve a leader-nominated opportunity with high impact and visibility at Cargill.
- Virtual education and ongoing training: You will have monthly trainings on key skills and topics for a focused approach on development. In addition, you will come together yearly for a week-long development session that focuses on expanding your knowledge, learning about yourself as a professional, and building leadership skills. Throughout these development sessions, you will build a network of connections with peers and leaders. We help participants understand how you fit and why you matter to Cargill.
- Mentor assignment: Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and enhance your ability to navigate the organizational culture with the aid of an assigned mentor.
Rotational Associate Program Benefits:
- Highly impactful rotational assignments with opportunity to own your work, influence others, and drive innovation.
- Competitive paid time off in addition to company holidays.
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement benefits.
- As employees, Rotational Associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Supply Chain Rotational Associates are typically based in Wichita, KS for the full duration of the rotational program. However, there may be exceptions to this if opportunities present themselves.
- The Supply Chain Rotational Program will begin in June of 2021.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited program in supply chain, procurement, finance, statistics, engineering, MIS, or other related business discipline, graduating between December 2020 and May 2021
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Previous internship or work-related experience
- Ability to demonstrate a strong aptitude for business
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Strong prioritization and problem solving skills, collaboration skills, verbal and written communication skills, and information research and gathering skills
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.