Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Scientist will coordinate, align and innovate by exploring, developing and implementing new and existing products. In this position, you will provide technical expertise to new product development for product line growth and technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities. This position identifies and implements technical solutions against business goals.
- Identify product growth and new product opportunities, modifying plans to meet opportunities.
- Stay current with literature and analytical advancements and works with independently on daily tasks.
- Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
- Develops and implements innovation roadmap market plan(s) including market and innovation plans aligned to the business strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, sales, ops, food safety quality and regulatory).
- Collaborate with research and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and hybrids.
- Partner with sales, business management, and marketing partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Food Science, Animal Science, or Meat Science) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of work experience combined professional/university in one or more of the following areas: Pet Food Formulation Development, Ingredient Functionally, & Product Commercialization
- Experience working in a manufacturing or operations environment. (University or Commercial Scale)
- Baseline understanding of companion animal palatability, nutrition, & AAFCO nutrient requirements.
- Ability to work in a cold environment and lift to 30lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degrees
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Experience formulating wet pet food on extruded pet food products
- Experience with statistical modeling and interpretation of data
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build effective plans to support strategic initiatives
- Experience working successfully in a matrixed organization
- Experience conducting continuous improvement events such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, or Lean Processes
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet