SAP Data Specialist
- Completing data conversion activities (identification of legacy sources of record, data cleansing, data construction, validation and final sign-off of converted data) with guidance from the SAP Data Conversion team and Data Process Lead
- Contributing expertise in understanding current systems and mapping necessary data into target systems.
- Supporting the data cleansing activities to ensure a clean set of data is imported from legacy systems and to ensure minimal disruption to the business during and after system Go Live
- Execution of data construction, validation and final sign-off of converted data.
- Understanding the implications of having poor data converted to the SAP system.
- Understanding Key Performance Improvement (KPI) metrics within the data quality and governance areas and providing proactive leadership around continuous process improvement and process adherence for respective data object being managed
- Identification of key functional risks and issues; escalation of key risks and issues to Data Process Lead as required
- Responsible for leading the assigned data object for Protein SAP project working collaboratively Process Implementation Leads, Project Teams , IT
- Responsible for working with business stakeholders and Global IT teams, establishing partnerships, implementing standard principles and working within a project framework.
- Ensures alignment with the Business and Global IT stakeholders on Data processes, design and configuration.
- Responsible for monitoring project metrics in the Data workstream. Providing leadership for process adherence and process improvement. Identify key risks and issues, and ensure mitigation plans are in place and/or implemented
- Ensure organizational support from the Business to properly staff the Business Data Specialist roles
- Ensuring alignment and organization support with Data partners across Cargill functions
- Manage integration across process teams on master data design and deliverables
- Ensure the consistent definition and use of master data attributes for our SAP implementations and ensure alignment with the Enterprise. Partner with business stakeholders to ensure deployment of the standards and to resolve fragmentation.
- Get deeper into Protein businesses and SAP TCD Template, including all data elements required throughout all phases of implementation/process integration activities for TCD instance:
- Assess quality of master data
- Drive, lead and support data design, construction and testing activities: OCP, Object training, Manual ETL activities, data enrichment, De-dup execution, Data validation scripts creation, Defect resolution, etc.
- Drive actions for data conversion activities
- Be involved in Conversion Design to understand business data requirements (as preparation for MDR / CRUD / Dual Data Maintenance activities). Ensure that Data Conversion Object Design is in compliance with Protien and TCD Data Quality Rules.
- Review and approve Data Construction Sheets to ensure that data is in compliance with Protein and TCD Quality Rules
- Conduct along with businesses Pre- & Post-Load data validation activities for data objects under Protein scope to ensure that data is in compliance with Business and TCD Quality Rules
- Make productive load decisions in checkpoint meetings (Mocks / Dress Rehearsal / Productive Loads) for Data objects under project scope (e.g. CRUD Planning approval) based upon Mock Entry / Exit Criteria (related to Business / TCD Data Quality Rules)
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience across Data Management, Data Analytics, Information Technology or equivalent experience in a related area
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- ERP or Master Data Management experience (as a user or implementation project team member)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and effectively navigate the organization to identify where expertise resides; ability to work with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive to decisions in ambiguous situations
- Good understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with collaborative working style at the same time with ability to work independently
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience with complex business projects (Plant projects, IT projects)
- Experience with negotiation, facilitation, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and the implications of those requirements on current and future projects.
- Previous experience leading, organizing, and presenting within groups
- Demonstrated behaviors of a curious, logical thinker and a strong systems aptitude
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.