Regional Account Manager (Open to remote)
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Regional Sales Manager (Protein) will focus on a portfolio of existing business as well as actively identifying and engaging with prospect customers (cold calling). In this role, you will sell a diverse portfolio of protein ingredients to a variety of manufacturers. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve identified business objectives.
- Develop a plan to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets.
- Build a business plan for select accounts.
- Coordinate the use of resources provided by the organization and fellow team members to provide value-added products to accounts.
- Develop strong customer relationships that provide significant input to planning, product, price, and service strategies.
- Actively develop, lead, and execute strategies to grow business with new and existing customers
- Successfully utilize the Sales Framework to sell a variety of value-added protein products including eggs, crumbles, diced meats, pepperoni, cooked patties, as well as raw beef and turkey.
- Effectively engage the business, marketing, R&D, innovation, and operations teams within the Protein Ingredient segment
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision
- Directly lead and coordinate multiple large, complex, strategic opportunities through the pipeline by directing multiple, cross-functional teams from initial opportunity to close business. Will close critical, complex sales transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Ability to travel in the assigned geography- up to 50%
- Demonstrated track record of success and ability to deliver results in a customer-facing role
- Business to business sales experience.
- Minimum three years of experience making corporate headquarter sales calls
- Experience selling protein, dairy, or other ingredients used in finished retail food products, branded or private label, to large CPG companies, manufacturers, or co-manufacturers
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.