Pilot Plant Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Pilot Plant Technician is responsible for supporting the research and development teams by conducting research projects in the facility, understanding customer needs and handling facility and pilot plant operations. In this role, you will be assisting with processing and operational duties, conducting tasks to support facility upkeep and providing input on plant procedures related to research and development testing in the innovation centers.
- Submits samples to labs for analytical or shelf life testing.
- Prepares products for informal and formal sensory panels.
- Assists with the operation, assembly and disassembly of plant equipment.
- Documents appropriate product information for research purposes and tracking of sample products.
- Prepares samples for shipment to customers or employees.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Understands and complies with safety regulations and other procedural compliance regulations.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of related work experience (manufacturing, plant, meat processing, and others).
- Bachelor's degree in Animal or Meat Science.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.