Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
The Forwarding Assistant will conduct production activities in a manufacturing or field site to optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards. We seek a professional who will contribute to conducting data management, reporting and analysis, shipping, client interaction, business partnership, and people, resource, budget and project management.
- Performs scheduling and dispatch duties by planning and directing the activity of carriers or equipment.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and executing regulatory compliance procedures.
- Perform administrative or clerical duties in support of the shipment execution process, completing tasks using industry standard procedures
- Plan, manage and review production operations to achieve output and quality objectives.
- Solicit, collect and organize documentation and data, performing routine data entry into one or more systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent GED
- Two years of experience in Business, Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain Management.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed and Saturdays sometimes
- Microsoft Office Suite experience including proficient in Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in freight forwarding and/or customs clearance.
- Knowledge of Incoterms.
- Knowledge of SAP, AS 400 and GT Nexus.
- Understanding of insurance and claims.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.