Customer Service Representitive II
Customer Service is our direct interface with customers in taking and servicing orders, answering questions and supporting processes that enable the business to deliver impeccable customer focus and outstanding service to Protein customers. This role will be responsible for ensuring that issues are addressed in a timely and professional fashion while working in a cross functional environment to enable quick and efficient processes of support.
The successful candidate will work to streamline processes across product types, identify areas for improvement and collaborate with teams outside of customer service. All while supporting other customer service team members with day to day issues.
60% Customer Service:
• Solves day to day problems with limited oversight; sales & order processing, issues involving invoices or payments, customer follow up.
• Proactively identify areas for improved sales opportunities (i.e. full trucks, full pallets). Drive best practice order management. Coordinate sales for the business and maintain good customer relations to ensure the best quality product at the best price; verify pricing and print orders, and monitor delivery schedules and charge backs; sell product to both existing and new customer base; provide samples, sales collateral, and information to field sales as required.
30% Business Partnering /Process Improvement:
• Partner with supply chain, planning, plant operations, finance, logistics and sales departments to fulfill moderately complex orders, resolve any scheduling challenges and sustain key supply chain inputs. Escalates complex conditions to team lead or manager.
• Role model Cargill’s Leadership Model and create an inclusive work environment.
• May, on occasion, provide informal coaching and/or training to team members, including coaching Cargill core values
Minimum Required Qualifications
•High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience in sales, supply chain or customer service
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
•Ability to work extended hours as needed (potential weekends and holidays)
•Intermediate Skills Microsoft Office products
•V lookups, Pivot table creation
•Exposure to project management processes
•Protein industry knowledge
•Experience with Order Management Systems (SAP)
Success factors / Abilities
•Processes comprehensive understanding of customer service practices and procedures to identify area of improvement.
•Sound judgment and decision-making skills
•Strong oral and written communication skills
•Comfortable challenging the status quo
•Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
•Demonstrated ability to Partner with supply chain, planning, plant operations, finance, logistics and sales departments to fulfill moderately complex orders, resolve any scheduling challenges and sustain key supply chain inputs. Escalates complex conditions to team lead or manager.
•Track record in taking initiative, working independently, effectively navigating ambiguity, and handling multiple priorities simultaneously
•Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities and initiate corrective action.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.