Commercial Data Process Lead
Come join us at Cargill!
Position Purpose & Summary
- Provide insight and help make decisions around how data relates to the future solution design
- Apply knowledge of where data is located to gather information for data construction
- Coordinate, support, and execute all data conversion activities within the process area to meet established delivery dates.
- Partner with Global IT perform field mapping from legacy systems to SAP
- Perform data construction, using the Data Conversion Toolkit application
- Apply understanding of legacy data content and use (format, values…) to guide data conversion
- Investigate and resolve open issues and questions related to data
- Access legacy sources as appropriate for demonstration and investigation
- Identify key data risks and issues; escalate to leadership
- Signoff of the Field Mapping Documents upon review for agreement on data extract, mapping, and conversion method.
- Validate that data migrating to SAP is accurate
- Understand the concepts of data migration, transformation, and enhancement, so that the conversion process can be successfully implemented
- Work with business contacts, PILs, and other PDLs to ensure data enables our business processes and strategies
- Engage with business stakeholders and champion the need for complete and accurate data
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, and business partners.
- Effectively engage stakeholders in data standardization activities.
- Navigate the organization and gain support from additional resources when required
- Work with PILs and other PDLs to understand current and future business processes, applying the data perspective to perceive where errors or discrepancies could exist, allowing for resolution and correction of the design in a timely manner.
- Lead direct team to deliver data objectives including helping with prioritization, removing roadblocks, providing direction and guidance.
- Measure and monitor project progress to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections
- Contains and resolves issues within the project that do not require escalation to leadership
- Define deployment objectives and scope, and provide insight required to develop project plan
Wichita, KS location is preferred. Minneapolis area (e.g. Hopkins, Wayzata) can also be considered.
This position can also be 100% remote, in which case additional travel to the Wichita location would be required as needed. Relocation is not provided based on ability to work remote, as noted above.
- Bachelor’s degree or 9+ years of experience in a business area or data analyst role
- 5+ years of experience in a business area or data analyst role
- Experience leading people
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and partner with stakeholders to understand business context
- Strong analytical skills; capable of breaking down complex issues and identifying key drivers
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and identify data patterns, trends and risks
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience in commercial master data management and business process knowledge
- Prior data conversion experience
- Previous experience working on high impact projects and change management initiatives
- Ability to take initiative and operate in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to effectively communicate with and manage the expectations of stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad range of education, experience, and functional spectrums
- Experience with SAP preferably commercial modules and data conversion tools
- Experience working in current legacy systems Protean, iPFS, or Prism
- Project management experience
- Experience with gathering data, data analysis, and data management concepts
- Excel, Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, Business Objects, or other data and BI tools
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively navigate the organization to identify where expertise resides
- Driven to ask questions and get things right
- Detail oriented
- Ability and appetite to learn and apply new concepts
- Able to handle last minute changes to schedule and responsibilities
- Able to move forward through ambiguity
- Demonstrated behaviors consistent with Cargill Leadership Expectations
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.