Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
The purpose of this position is to operate equipment associated with the pretreatment (caustic refining), biodiesel, glycerin, loadout and utilities processes. Technicians in this position are responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the pretreatment, loadout process’s, biodiesel, utilities, and crude glycerin, with minimal supervision. They will ensure that the equipment is fully operational and in good repair. Interacts on a regular basis with plant technicians, supervisors, chemical truck drivers and finished product haulers.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: 3rd - Rotating
Compensation: $ 28.67/hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Operate all equipment associated with pretreatment (tank management, centrifuges, drying systems) and biodiesel process (reactors, distillation and separators)
- Process and samples collection to record values in computer systems
- Safely manage loading and unloading of finished products and chemicals
- Monitor and adjust operation using computerized and controlled systems
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility to troubleshoot, perform light maintenance, and complete repair work
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work in confined spaces, including Reactors, Wash Column, Distillation Columns, Storage Tanks, Bleach Vessels, Filters, Cooling Tower Basins
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above) using fall protection
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift certification
- Prior experience in production, related to work in pumps, valves, flow meters
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Knowledge on Microsoft office software, with emphasis in Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.