Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Cargill Food Distribution is a full line protein distributor, focused on delivering distinctive value by creating customer solutions to strategic markets. We have an entrepreneurial approach to our core business of merchandising Cargill beef, pork, poultry and other meat items to retailers, food service distributors, processors, institutions and cruise lines. Our size provides opportunities for employees to experience all aspects of the business with the encouragement to leverage individual strengths to grow personally and professionally. Our commitment to our employees and our desire to win together provides the foundation in which we are given freedom to make decisions. Our commitment to our customers gives us the best opportunity for long term success. Every employee plays a role in winning our customer’s business each day. Cargill Food Distribution – Providing our employees with the freedom to deliver.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift Available: 3rd shift
Compensation: $20 /hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Operating Packaging Machines
- Operating Palletizers
- Operate pallet jack
- Rejecting and dumping bad bags of product
- General housekeeping tasks – sweeping, scraping, shoveling, wiping, etc
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- High School Diploma/GED or a minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
- Communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment PPE
- Able to operate machinery
- Experience with Inventory Systems
- Basic use of a computer
- Forklift Certified
- Entering and retrieving data
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience working in a production or plant environment (2-3 years)
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.