United States Customs Enterprise Lead (open to remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The US Customs Enterprise Lead will support regional and global customs in areas such as risk assessment, value preservation review and regional/global customs compliance improvement projects. You'll work closely with internal business units to address risk and leverage customs opportunities, develop and implement control and compliance framework, contribute to government inquiries and provide operational mentorship and training.
- Manage client interaction and business partnership, providing strategic direction on global trade compliance activities and collaborate cross-functionally, internally and externally to implement cross-border solutions globally.
- Support global trade operations compliance and Cargill subsidiaries, joint ventures, business unit staff and other customs departments by advising on moderately complex customs transactions and issues.
- Follow regulatory standard practices to facilitate import/export transactions and customs clearances, as needed.
- Perform data management, analysis and reporting to ensure compliance and provide support in tax/duty disputes, as needed.
- Conduct complex customs-related research and analysis, using substantial understanding of customs practices and procedures,
- Develop technical customs solutions to minimize Cargill's customs liabilities/risks.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in customs
- SAP, Global Trade Services knowledge
- Understanding of customs regulations and programs
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.