Transportation Sourcing Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
- Support Cargill Transportation and Logistics' carrier management strategy through negotiations, relationship management, and supplier selection
- Monitor carrier performance and take corrective action to reverse negative trends and maintain required service levels
- Negotiate rates with carriers and run one-off bid events in e-sourcing tool.
- Update transportation websites and databases for contracts, freight rates, and estimates, insurance information, customer information, etc.
- Independently analyze current transportation operations practices to resolve process and cost improvement opportunities.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, transportation, supply chain or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of working experience of the fundamentals in transportation, logistics, operations or supply chain management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Knowledge creating and leading large scale sourcing events using procurement/optimization software
- Functional knowledge of technology and ERP systems, including Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Five years of experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, preferably in the truck mode (dry van)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Financial modeling skills
- Functional knowledge of technology and ERP systems, including Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Experience implementing process, systems, and organizational changes.
Success Factors / Abilities
- Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
- Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous situations
- Self-starter – highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Highly collaborative - ability to excel in a team environment
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.