Trading Operations Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Trading Operations Analyst is responsible for sustaining the live trading environment. In this role, you will work on operations specific tools, engage on development projects or address challenges facing other areas of the division. You will work in functional areas including market access, system monitoring, hardware strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, trading automation and protocol connectivity. You will responsible for supporting consistent execution of agreements, customer order fulfilment, claims management, order monitoring and contract administration processes between multiple systems.
- Monitor trading systems and troubleshoot protocols of system communication between internal and external systems.
- Provide first line response to customer trading and system functionality questions and issues and record all queries in customer tracking system.
- Streamline trading operations and achieve higher regulatory compliance by writing automation scripts.
- Assist to release high volumes of code in the continuous integration and continuous development pipeline using the latest technologies and techniques in software engineering to drive improvements to all systems.
- Create deployment and monitoring system scripts to extract information from the backend processes to the user visible desktop graphic user interfaces to help the team discover and investigate internal and external outages.
- Develop tools to automate daily trading processes and continuously search for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
*The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with automation scripting languages
- Experience with trading operations protocols
- Experience with email, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing applications
- Experience providing real time surveillance of electronic trading activity
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Knowledge of business management software and reporting software
- Exposure to commodity markets or trading operations and technology
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.