Trading Analytics Intern Summer 2021
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Trading Data & Analytics Internship:
Global Trading Analytics (GTA) is global team fueled by the fusion of many different disciplines and skillsets including agronomists, economists, statisticians, meteorologists, data scientists, and more. The team plays a central role in generating short, medium, and long term market insights for Cargill’s global processing and trading businesses. The person in this role will build their knowledge of Cargill’s business and actively support the trading analytics efforts of the GTA team by working on one or more special projects. Potential projects include forecasting key components of agricultural commodity supply and demand or working with new alternative data sources to help create a trading signal. Expect exposure to several different areas of GTA team!
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Wayzata, MN
- Office setting
- Travel approximately 10% or less
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agronomy, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Business or a related field graduating between December 2020 and Summer 2021
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment where not all data or instruction is given
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Experience in Market Analytics
- 3.0 GPA or higher
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.