Sustainability Project Portfolio Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Sustainability Project Portfolio Lead will lead the strategic portfolio of projects and programs across the Corporate Sustainability function, including projects and data fields standardization, intake and value case guidelines, and developing prioritization criteria and methods based on the enterprise sustainability strategy and focus areas. In this role, you will provide transparency into various business’ project portfolio, reports and integration with other business planning processes in collaboration with key stakeholders across the company.
- Validate and prioritize sustainability projects, monitor progress, ensure appropriate resource needs, manage the portfolio management dashboard and provide training.
- Drive continuous improvement of portfolio and project management practices in alignment with standard frameworks and company guidelines to ensure goals and strategic priorities are met.
- Facilitate sustainability project portfolio reporting and reviews across businesses and functions by removing impediments and prioritizing opportunity backlogs, overseeing initiative level stage gate tracking, and analyzing portfolio management data to generate insights for prioritization, risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to deliver value and measurable outcomes from people, process, data and technology systems improvement, track development progress and business readiness efforts and identify value opportunities through optimization initiatives.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management, project delivery process and portfolio management
- Experience in transformation, operational excellence, process improvement project management
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and leading or coaching employees at all levels of the organization
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
- Experience leading complex and/or cross-functional projects in corporate sustainability or responsibility fields
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects or programs with significant spend
- Experience using project management and analytical tools
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.