Strategic Customer Leader
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Strategic Customer Leader will be responsible for expanding strategic partnerships with assigned large customers by developing and growing partnerships to enable growth and build value add opportunities. In this role, you will create demand for our products and services by raising the company's profile with customers and enhance capabilities to drive a customer-centric organization. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure defined customer needs are met.
- Develop, strengthen, expand, and implement the strategy for designated strategic customers to expand demand, improve margin growth and extend strategic partnerships.
- Establish trust, mutually beneficial and long-term partnership with customers, clarify mid to long term customer needs, and develop and partner with internal teams to develop value propositions aligned with strategic customer needs in areas of market access, specialized supply chains, digital solutions, and sustainability.
- Build and deliver on strategic customer business plans that are aligned with the Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain North America (CASC NA) business strategy for alignment with regional commercial plans to deliver profitable growth and consistently identify valuable insights and communicate back that can be utilized to create and enhance customized value propositions, define long term strategy, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Build and nurture an internal network to deliver optimal solutions such as leading collaboration with key stakeholders internally, defining long-term strategy, and anticipating challenges to ensure effective resolution of issues.
- Provide expert thought leadership in the area of customer centricity to the broader Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain North America (CASC NA) organization. providing a forward-looking view of Cargill's capabilities needed to serve the customer in the future and provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of merchandising/commercial or customer-facing experience
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in business development in highly competitive, mature markets
- Experience in understanding customer context, uncovering customer key performance indicators, articulating customer objectives and adding value to partnerships
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the US
- Demonstrated ability to strategically engage with Demand Customers to identify growth opportunities
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Demonstrated success in delivering against complex strategic opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networks and pulling solutions through and across the business
- Strong communication skills and the capability to translate complex data and insights in a format easily understood by customers
- Ability to understand and grow our Integrated Operating Company (IOC) commercial Excellence mission
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and influence multiple levels of internal and external leadership levels
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.