Strategic Account Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for expanding strategic partnership with assigned large egg industry customers. In this role, you will create demand for our products and services by raising the company's profile with customers. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure defined customer needs are met.
This position will be responsible to provide clients with technical expertise by providing practical knowledge of technical solutions to support their business growth and production systems. This involves knowledge of live production practices, facilities, health and nutrition programs. This position requires production performance monitoring and analysis as an important component of customer service.
- Develop and implement the strategy for designated key customers to expand demand, drive growth and extend strategic partnership.
- Establish trust, mutually beneficial and long-term partnership with customers, clarify mid to long term customer needs and develop and agree to a specification of customer requirements.
- Collect insights from the external market to understand competitors and influence trends, define and deliver the value proposition.
- Build and nurture an internal network to deliver optimal solutions such as leading collaboration with key stakeholders internally, defining long-term strategy, and anticipating challenges to ensure effective resolution of issues.
- Use tailored storytelling that resonates with and inspires customers, creating excitement around our role in achieving their strategic objectives.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Responsible for bringing technical expertise to provide clients nutrition knowledge and Cargill technology solutions. Helping them understand how Cargill Animal Nutrition can provide solutions for them and improve profitability.
*Open to remote locations in the Midwest.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum six years of sales experience, commercial leadership, operations management, procurement leadership, or general management experience in animal nutrition, feed, animal health, additives, or related industry
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience in understanding customer context, uncovering customer key performance indicators, articulating customer objectives and adding value to partnerships
- Experience in business development in highly competitive, mature markets
- Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve highly ambiguous problems
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Master’s Degree
- Previous poultry/egg production experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.