Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Sr. Market Risk Analyst will identify, assess and mitigate market risk. In this role, you will establish risk management procedures and processes to ensure adherence to policies and you will identify potential loss due to market movements.
- Conduct market analysis to identify and assess market risk requiring a deep understanding of market concepts and a thorough knowledge of a product or financial area, including market liquidity and volatility, pricing, trading and hedging strategies.
- Build and use models to assess market risk.
- Estimate the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss. Using industry standard metrics such as Value-at-Risk (VaR) and Stress
- Prepare, review, and disseminate risk reports and related analytics.
- Use or oversee adherence to policies and procedures
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Understanding of Market Risk concepts
- Proven ability to operate in a complex organizational environment and manage conflicting demands
- Self-starter, unafraid to query, question, or challenge assumptions
- Experience building dashboards with Power BI or Tableau
- Proficient with a programming language: Python (preferred)
- Experience in a trading environment and/or analyzing commodity markets. Experience with EU and/or US natural gas and oil markets is preferred.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.