Sr Market Risk Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Sr. Market Risk Analyst will identify, assess, and mitigate market risk. We seek a professional who will establish risk management procedures and processes to ensure adherence to policies. In this role, you will identify potential loss due to market movements.
- Daily VaR and stress reporting
- Monitor market risk measures vs. market risk limits
- Assess and communicate information regarding business risks with functions across the organization.
- Provide ongoing portfolio risk analysis and performance metrics
- Perform ad-hoc scenario and what-if analysis on trading strategies
- Organize large data sets into easy to follow visualizations and reports
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Serve in fiduciary and governance role
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Proficient with programming language Python and SQL
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience in a trading environment or analyzing agricultural commodities
- Proven ability to operate in a complex environment and manage conflicting demands
- Self-starter, unafraid to query, question, or challenge assumptions
- Understanding of Market Risk concepts
- Strong Math or Statistics experience/education
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree or certification (CFA, FRM)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.