Sr Commodity Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Sr Commodity Analyst will be responsible for conducting highly complex trading analytics efforts. In this role, you will provide analysis of markets and other economic considerations, development and deployment of highly complex models, tools and processes to influence the team to make strategic trading, risk management, margin enhancement and asset utilization decisions.
- Lead Cargill’s Long Term Model (LTM) update process. The LTM is Cargill’s primary forward looking exercise to capture and consolidate the insights across the corporation and develop a forward vision of the food, feed, and biofuel space.
- Primary responsibilities of the role include pre-planning in advance of the update, tracking progress of analysts and business leads, providing guidance as needed during the update, verifying data quality upon completion of the update and assisting in the synthesis and analysis of the data.
- This role is the primary LTM contact to Cargill’s strategy teams. These include corporate-wide teams and those at the enterprise (business division) level. The role provides timely, accurate and actionable insights to business teams to drive strategic decision making and incorporates business needs into future updates.
- Position is the primary developer of visualization tools to communicate data with analysts and business leads.
- Develop, coordinate and support initiatives for technology and data for long term forecasting in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership for new data, technology, tools and innovation and establish processes to efficiently gather relevant data.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of trading business, risk management and an understanding of what information adds value
- Ability to influence global teams to build consensus around trading and or trading strategy
- Ability to quickly take disparate information and derive actionable insights
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and execute under tight timelines
- Experience with commodity supply and demand fundamentals and economics
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience with managing diverse teams on short term basis or project
- Experience with Tableau
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.