Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst will execute and support the strategic pricing process across the business unit. The position will be a member of the CSSTNA (Cargill Starches, Sweeteners, and Texurizers North America) Strategic Pricing Team that works closely with Product Line Managers and commercial functions in creating and executing pricing strategies that ensure product & service profitability. The Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst will prepare and communicate complex analysis and solutions in a simple, clear and concise way to provide decision support and recommendations to commercial stakeholders. We are looking for multifaceted professional to become a specialist in foundational and innovative pricing approaches and act as a knowledge center to pricing and commercial leaders.
- Support day-to-day pricing activities, execute price builds, provide price guidance to sales team and tracking price performance. Provide analytical support for the product line and sales teams while helping them prepare for contract negotiations and executing deals.
- Support the deployment of strategic pricing capabilities for the various product lines supported, in line with their strategies, market dynamics and needs.
- Generate hypotheses for profit improvement opportunities, validate with data and analyses, and suggest deployment projects.
- Support the deployment of pricing as an end-to-end process, from strategic considerations, to actual price setting techniques, governance and supporting technology.
- Continuously evaluate pricing developments and trends to ensure new thought leadership and capabilities to be introduced.
- Support the development of core pricing frame works and thought leadership, to act as the critical guide line for the team when engaging with other business groups.
- Support building our detailed roadmap definition and implementation of initiatives with a lead by example implementation style.
- Contribute to cross functional teams with solid and measurable analysis.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Statistical modeling experience and strong quantitative analysis skills with proven ability to recognize trends and opportunities while making recommendations for application
- Track record of identifying margin improvement opportunities
- Master's degree
- Analysis software experience using tools like Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with price optimization software and CPQ
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Consistent track record in food ingredients or commodity environments, preferably in the pricing/commercial space.
- B2B pricing expertise, including customer and product segmentation, value-based pricing, competitive intelligence.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.