Senior Protein Chemist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Are you looking for opportunity to give to state-of-the-art scientific research? Join our team as a Senior Protein Chemist, where you will be responsible for innovation within our ingredient portfolio to help drive the development of plant-based protein products.
- Apply macro-molecule and protein chemistry to planning research experiments to build fundamental knowledge and establish relationships between structure and functionality
- Develop and handle research plans for alternative protein aligned with the business objectives.
- Conduct analytical samples and experiments following environmental health and safety guidelines in a high-safety-focused environment.
- Troubleshoot how to modify proteins to achieve desired functionality.
- Present ongoing work and findings to internal audiences including the summaries and the nature and methodology of the research.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, and managers.
- Confirmed working knowledge of scientific research principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Ph.D. or other post-secondary degree with related experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology
- Experience working as a protein chemist
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.