Raw Material Food Safety and Quality Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Raw Material Food Safety and Quality Specialist will support team members in their region with food safety and quality issues. We seek a professional to work across Cargill enterprises ensuring safety and quality of raw materials such as grains, vegetable oils, beans and feed materials. The Raw Material Food Safety and Quality Specialist will collaborate with customers, regulators, suppliers and other key internal and external partners to resolve issues. In this role, you will step in during incident management practices, assist facilities in the maintenance and execution of the Food Safety Management System, document management, complaint management and trending, and all compliance requirements.
- Develop and lead the implementation of key quality management system programs such as grain grading quality and survey data collaboration.
- Contribute to internal food safety risk assessments and helping facilities with control programs.
- Help track business metrics and develop a process to improve understanding of the health of the food safety and quality systems at each facility.
- Participate in cost of non-conformance initiatives across multiple businesses and teams.
- Assist facilities with corrective actions related to audit findings, also participation in facility and terminal export audits for GMP and FSQR compliance.
- Collaborate with plant managers and other facility leaders within a region to build and foster an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture. Drive focus on corrective a preventative action implementation.
- Participate on the search and selection of qualified candidates.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, OR other applicable field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Project management skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Leadership, motivational, and interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Six or more years working experience
- Experience with food, feed or grain manufacturing environments
- Ability to communicate analytical data and technical knowledge
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.