Product Costing Sr. Analyst
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Product Costing Analyst will provide product costing expertise to ensure resources used during the manufacturing process are systematically recorded and reported in support of costing and profitability strategies. In this role, you will work closely with the finance and operations team to develop activity based product cost standards that represent the true cost of goods manufactured, ensure when changes are proposed, the effects on the product costs are as intended and monitor the product costing process to ensure that transactions recorded reflect actual activity. As the domain specialist for product costing, you will analyze price and usage variances and advise the operations teams on possible methods to sustain or improve the manufacturing process.
- Lead yearly product costing planning initiatives which includes production volumes and spending, calculating and analyzing activity rates and allocations
- Align stakeholders on the design and development of costing solutions and the fit with other processes using knowledge of complex costing and pricing models and their impact on design, profitability and controlling profitability analysis reporting.
- Review and approve new and revised bills of materials and receipts and to ensure they properly reflect the true cost of production and align with the business’s product costing policies and strategies.
- Analyze product costing trends at the cost component level and identify and report on trends including fixed versus variable costs and oversee the execution of monthly product cost estimates.
- Routinely monitor purchase price variances and process order variances and proactively identify, research, and facilitate correction of pricing or activity errors and oversee the execution of monthly product costing estimates.
- Reconcile period end material ledger valuation to ensure end balances for quantities and pricing are aligned with the product costing process and identify and report non distributed or non allocated product costs, analyzing root causes of issues and facilitate resolution to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide domain expertise for product costing and participate in the drafting of policies and procedures that impact the material ledger or product costing and assist in building and validating processes that support adherence.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent experience
Strong knowledge of enterprise resource planning product costing
Minimum of four years of related work experience
Working knowledge of production flows and processes including supply chain
Experience within an activity based costing environment
Experience with an ERP
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.