Global Book Lead (Liquid Oils)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Global Book Lead (Liquid Oils) will provide strategic leadership, influence and direction for all trading and hedging for a portfolio of products for the globe. In this role, you will have full profit and loss responsibility and will have a high degree of autonomy and independence within a framework set by the global trading director, leading a team of cash and derivatives traders in a highly complex global landscape to provide additional value to the business. You will be responsible for the global trading slate that includes both cash and futures positions across a portfolio of product lines and will be responsible for performance on risk metrics and overall performance results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with highly strategic partners, internal and external customers, agents and suppliers to handle and monitor the long term trading book and create complex market risk solutions within a specific global market segment.
- Direct the development of more complex analyses of market trends, including global supply and demand factors, quantitative analysis, technical analysis, options, market share and freight spreads to influence trading and hedging strategies and enable execution with a high degree of confidence.
- Lead the team to develop long term trading strategies and plans for global price risk and ensure compliance in procedures involving regulatory and risk requirements in managing daily, weekly, monthly positions while balancing the needs of the underlying business to maximize profits.
- Partner collaboratively across the global applicable trading desks and with the regional book leads to identify and challenge regional strategies and fit with the global strategy and maximize cross regional arbitrage to capture the dynamic changes in the marketplace.
- Form a global commodity portfolio trading view from the fundamental and nonfundamental insights and monetize this trading view through guidance of the regional trading teams taking anticipatory risk.
- Provide leadership support for complex global business growth associated with business risk and supply chain needs including established and novel supply chains, sustainability, food safety, quality, regulatory, legal and other requirements.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience trading derivatives and cash, including all required regulatory training
- Ability to build strategies and grow key customer volumes, relationships and margins
- Confirmed experience meeting targeted profits and confirmed ability to close performance gaps as they arise
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 10 years of trading experience
- Experience trading the relevant commodities
- Experience in leveraging technology enabled data to influence trading decisions
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.