External Innovation Leader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
External Innovation Leader will partner with technical and business leaders to drive innovative business outcomes in strategic and priority areas that will benefit from or require external innovation. In this role, you will advise and lead on technology scouting efforts, partner selection and prioritization, development of partner business models and negotiation of required contracts. You will provide thought leadership, consultation and tactical support to manage external innovation relationships to deliver and exceed business ambition and build our reputation as partner of choice. You will provide strategic and tactical support in the implementation of intellectual asset management strategies related to complex projects and initiatives across multiple business groups, enterprises or at the program level and partner with relevant functions to ensure compliance with intellectual property laws, regulations and company policies and support optimization of financial outcomes.
- Evaluate and communicate business value through multiple levels and channels, providing thought and execution leadership with business teams to foster and enhance the awareness and appreciation for sourcing innovation from external opportunities, driving change leadership with key stakeholders.
- Lead the identification of external opportunities and provide expertise to evaluate the opportunities for best fit, value and return on investment against upfront defined technical and business outcomes.
- Partner collaboratively and support the development and refinement of external innovative game boards, coordinating efforts across internal teams.
- Participate and contribute to category intellectual capital value capture sessions, engaging with senior stakeholders across businesses globally to thoroughly understand desired business outcomes and to solve for business challenges though the use of intellectual property currency and tools.
- Contribute to deliver business group and enterprise value from assets and market solutions through partnerships, licensing and sales deals.
- Assess training needs across and within the organization to ensure alignment with strategies, compliance and best practices and industry standards and participate and support the training initiatives of the center of excellence to build organizational strength in external innovation value capture.
- Serve as program champion to the organization to heighten awareness and position the use of intellectual property currency to solve for business challenges, providing thought leadership and influence to develop processes and procedures to drive business growth.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Business transformation or strategic business development experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experienc
- Master's degree in physical, chemical or biological sciences, master of business administration or equivalent
- Experience negotiating complex deal structures including technology development and licensing agreements
- Project management experience
- Experience developing intellectual property strategies that enable desired commercial outcomes
- Commercial product line management experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.