Digital Foundation Operational Technical Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Digital Solution Architect Expert will provide industry leading thought leadership and direction for architecture, engineering and communications for the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality and compliance of solutions features and components for regional and global digital projects. In this role, you will provide domain expertise on a team of global digital architects in the design and development of new features, components, products and service offerings, with a strong focus on reusability. You will consult and influence across product teams, with regional and global application architects and senior business partners to align with enterprise architecture and other key stakeholders to ensure requirements and key dependencies are aligned for planning and development. You will serve as a change agent to influence the design and implementation of digital products and deliver unified customer experiences and connected services to our customer and commercial teams.
- Influence and direct the development and maintenance of product solution architecture and principles by leading solution definition, solution architecture review and solution selection efforts.
- Provide mastery knowledge in leading application architecture for all features and functions within the product portfolio and provide governance and budgetary oversight to the architecture plan.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with businesses to align business goals and strategies, the process data and technology investments required to achieve them and provide direction for features and functions, process and product design and architecture, tech frameworks and interfaces.
- Ensure new projects, products and architecture solutions align with the long range enterprise and solution architecture goals, they respect reusability, meet financial targets and comply with defined standards.
- Drive improvement of architecture methodologies and services and direct implementation, improvements and proper utilization of architecture tools to ensure the quality of architecture assets and develop and recommend opportunities for the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Oversee design testing methods and ensure routine and nonroutine technical issues are resolved and systems capacity and performance meet planned goals and provide technical oversight and coaching to others.
- Resolve complex technical issues to ensure successful implementations are aligned to architectural and operational requirements.
- Provide expert consultative guidance for initiating strategic long-range goals and objectives. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Translate emerging technology trends and determines appropriate relevance and application and the impacts and dependencies they introduce to project delivery.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and ability to support translation of long term business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Master's degree in engineering, information and communications technology
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with diverse operations, development and business roles
- Advanced knowledge of modern engineering processes and practices
- Experience and expertise with various database technologies
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Specialty skills in large scale computing, cluster computing or cloud computing
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.