Corporate Development Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Corporate Development Manager will be responsible for mergers and acquisitions at the corporate and business unit level. In this role, you will lead transaction execution, gameboard target evaluation and cultivation, and help build the company's global mergers and acquisitions practice.
- Lead corporate development transactions across a broad array of businesses and regions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and investments.
- Lead and develop high performing deal teams with advanced financial modeling and transaction execution knowledge and general management skills.
- Utilize experience in mergers and acquisitions best practices in leading and coaching appropriate cross functional transaction teams, including senior executives.
- Build and develop relationships with business intermediaries, investment banks and other external advisors.
- Apply strategic thinking to evaluate new transaction opportunities and contribute to target gameboard and cultivation.
- Act as an advisor to platform and business unit leaders in the evaluation of merger and acquisition transactions and make recommendations on the impact of decision to the company's objectives and performance.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with transaction execution processes
- Confirmed valuation knowledge and strong understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Proven Experience overseeing financial modelling, including providing guidance to junior team members and ensuring consistent quality and accuracy of analysis
- Experience collaborating with top level executives
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
- Three years of supervisory experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.