Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
We are seeking a Corporate Development Associate who will support the manager or director in leading all mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture transactions. You will be involved in all managing processes including due diligence, building financial models, reviewing transaction documents, coordinating with the acquisition team, building gameboards and cultivating targets.
- Drive all transaction processes, working in a project team along with at the minimum a manager and/or a director/managing director.
- Work with analyst if staffed or support directly the transaction team in managing processes and work streams such as updating and tracking project plans, scheduling, recording and following-up on project meetings, and coordinating with external parties.
- Responsible for final outputs of transaction related materials such as internal and external presentations, financial models, project management materials and transaction documents.
- Contribute to development of acquisition gameboard in line with strategic priorities; support target cultivation and sourcing process through research and analysis.
- Contribute to corporate development practice initiatives (recruitment, training, others) along with project execution.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership/teaming skills.
- Demonstrated technical skills, modelling capabilities and understanding of finance and accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master's degree or MBA from a top-tier school
- International experience.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.