Communications Manager - Part Time (Open to remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Communications Manager will develop and lead the communication strategy for a new USAID-funded program that will work across multiple countries. In this role, you'll work closely with the USAID project team, Cargill communications, consortium partners and USAID to design and implement communications in support of the project goals and objectives.
• Develop program communication strategy in alignment with USAID project priorities
• Advise leadership on effective communications with critical stakeholders internally and externally.
• Drive collaboration between integrated teams from various communications practices to build and implement the strategy.
• Provide project team with key messages for project objectives and activities
• Design communications campaigns, stakeholder events and other communications activities outlined in the strategy
• You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Good understanding of communications channels and content development for those channels
• Extensive experience with a variety of communications strategies for international development projects
• Strong business acumen to advise leadership and effectively partner with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to translate technical messaging into easily understood language
• Familiarity with food and nutrition topics and issues
• Experience in public health communications
• Experience with global communications
*Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding
The expected salary for this position is $42-$53 per hour depending on part time status hours worked. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
Part-time (20-29.99 hours) positions are eligible for a benefit package including the following: Prorated paid time off & paid holidays; medical; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.