Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Dry Side Technician
Job ID WAT00239
Date posted 02/23/2021
This full time position is located in Watkins Glen, NY; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are looking for passionate Dry Side Technicians who wants to help the world thrive!
The role is responsible for correctly, safely and efficiently processing, packaging and warehousing salt products for a salt manufacturing and packaging facility.
Operating salt conveying equipment, operation of packaging and related equipment, operating mobile equipment. This can include, but is not limited to, working with bulk trucks, rail hoppers and box cars.
Ensures proper storage, loading and shipping/receiving of packaged products.
Strict compliance with safe work rules, good housekeeping practices and specified FSQR policies / procedures / standards.
Input production and downtime information into SAP and Informance.
Minor maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
Perform any miscellaneous duties as assigned including but not limited to: minor maintenance tasks, preventative maintenance tasks, housekeeping tasks, product quality testing tasks, confined space entries (bin entries), repalletizing / disposal of distressed products, etc.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Ability to operate machinery.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work on holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- At least (1 year) of experience in a production or plant environment.
- Forklift certified.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior experience in production related.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating a forklift and/or warehousing experience
- Experience with SAP and/or a HMI
- Experience operating and troubleshooting industrial equipment (ex., packaging machinery, etc.)
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Experienced at problem solving with co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated ability/desire to produce quality work, results and products
- Willing to be cross-trained and to assist in other departments as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams
- Demonstrated positive attitude toward/interest in safety and safe work rules.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match