Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Customs Analyst II will execute import and/or export compliance tasks and other customs activities for one or more countries. You'll work closely with internal business units to address risk and leverage customs opportunities, develop and implement control and compliance framework, contribute to government inquiries and provide operational mentorship and training.
- Perform moderate-to-complex customs compliance tasks and/or actively participate on projects associated with customs compliance.
- Implement objectives for corporate and capital structure, funding, trade and risk management, trade flow and supply chains, using key customs attributes.
- Support global trade operation and compliance team and businesses with classifications, country of origin determinations, regulated product flows, Free Trade Agreement validations and other programs required for compliant cross-border trade.
- Support businesses as regulatory and legislative changes occur.
- Build and lead all aspects of corporate compliance policies and guidelines, liaising with government and associations to build a reputation of compliance.
- Conduct import and export risk assessments, providing strategy and planning support for business units involved in import and export activities.
- Retrieve information in response to moderate risk audits and information requests from external customs authorities, verifying with more senior team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- May require excellent written and veral communications skills to conduct presentations in executive forums and data analytics
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in law or foreign trade
- Customs Valuation, Free Trade Agreement origin, customs law and Latin American Integration Association legal framework
- Global trade services knowledge
- Understanding of customs regulations and programs
- Minimum of three years of customs experience
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.