We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our trading and merchandising function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
• Understanding the agricultural commodities trading industry and the markets for commodity merchandising.
• Understanding the local supply and demand factors that impact markets.
• Understanding drivers of Profit and Loss and take commercial decisions to generate revenue.
• Developing knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices, including the use of futures, risk management derivatives and structured products.
• Initiating and negotiating on terms of commodity purchase, sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment.
• Coordinating transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts and interacting with other functions across the business.
• Ensuring detailed and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure of all contracts.
• Developing collaborative relationships with external customers and suppliers in a customer facing role.
• Learning on the job from experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
• Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
• Building a peer network across Cargill.
You will start with an initial period of onboarding and learn the basics of merchandising, plant processes and product specs. After that you will be introduced to supply chain and risk management operations and would be performing tasks such as planning, trade execution, settlement of contracts, measuring and reporting. The next steps would involve assisting a senior feed merchant in position reconciliation, daily contacts with customers and other tasks which would lead to gaining full responsibility of the dry feed portfolio of a number of plants and customers.