Position Purpose & Summary
Interns in the Cargill Food Safety/Quality/Regulatory Lab will gain experience in the food manufacturing industry. Interns will also obtain knowledge of lab instrumentation and will use instrumentation on their own after training. Potential for college credit. This is a part-time role.
50%- Daily in-process testing, monitoring, and communication of test results.
20%- Analyzing final product.
20%- Begin responsible for the safety, food safety, sanitation, and hygiene conditions as a member of an area team, including necessary clean up and proper handling of the product and production equipment.
10%- Assist in facilities optimization projects, trials, and daily troubleshooting.
All of these responsibilities will be performed while following Cargill’s Safety and Food Safety Policies.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Flexible hours: From 12 up to 25 hours per week. 2 to 3 hours a day, 3 to 5 days during the week. Must be able to work every other weekend.
- Must currently be enrolled, or have an acceptance letter, at North Dakota State College of Science (NDSCS) in Wahpeton, ND.
· Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
· Professional communication skills - both oral and written.
· Ability to interpret technical materials/processes and analytical skills.
· Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.