Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
The Maintenance Superintendent develops and implements procedures for process control and improvement, testing and inspection. We seek a confirmed professional to ensure our compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines. In this role, you will analyze data and product output to identify trends and recommend best practice applications.
- Foster a culture that builds, operates and maintains plants that are operationally sound, safe and reliable
- Investigate failures, downtime and lost production and identifies opportunities to improve reliability or resolve acceptable risk tolerance.
- Review and analyze maintenance and reliability metrics and performance.
- Develop, maintain and apply consistent maintenance and reliability best practices.
- Oversee complex repair procedures to ensure compliance with plant reliability strategies, standards and practices. As well as project planning, contractor/Vendor Management.
- Lead and implement preventative maintenance and reliability activities.
- Operational Effectiveness/Continuous Improvement (prevent, maintain and repair)
- You will lead and develop a team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Or High School Diploma or higher degree and 5 years of relevant industrial maintenance experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Ability to work varied hours, including weekends and evenings
- Travel up to 5% of the time
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of both mechanical and electrical systems to include PLCs and basics programming.
- Proficient in Maximo/SAP or similar software
- Proficient in Maintenance Reliability and Continuous Improvement tools/techniques
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability professional - CMRP
- Understanding of Vibration, Infrared, Ultrasonic, and Motor Circuit evaluation.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.