Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
R&D Director Protein Europe will provide R&D leadership for the European R&D team in the Protein Asia/Europe Group within the Global Protein and Salt Enterprise (CPS). This position will ensure alignment of innovation with business strategy and growth objectives in the European region. The responsibilities include implementation and continuous improvement of innovation process with cross functions, development of new process and product design to meet customers and consumers needs as well as high performance innovation objectives. This role will provide thought leadership for technology development direction and build the innovation roadmap and critical innovation capabilities necessary to accomplish business goals.
R&D Director Protein Europe will become a member of the Cargill Protein European Leadership Team and the Protein LATAM & Protein Asia/Europe R&D Leadership Team.
LOCATIONS: Netherlands(Schiphol), UK(Wolverhampton), France(Orleans), Belgium(Vilvoorde), Poland(Nowy Sacz)
- Ensure customer acceptance by applying product technical leadership into submissions of product innovations to meet the key performance indicators of product superiority, consumer experience, launch timing and cost.
- Partner collaboratively with key cross functional teams (sales, marketing, food safety and safety, regulatory finance, manufacturing and supply chain,) and create technical product solutions with feasibility to deliver against business innovation strategies.
- Apply research, interpretation and application of consumer insights and industry trends by managing product design resources and leading innovation with internal and external suppliers in exciting new product concepts, samples and prototypes to ensure compelling and proactive pipeline of product innovations.
- Champion manufacturing and quality initiatives through product recipe or formulation modification to best drive safety, quality and capacity.
- Develop and deliver in person or virtual technical product innovation workshops to showcase creative recipe or formulation development.
- Provide leadership to further develop the product research and development teams including advancing capabilities and business impact and build the regional and global community to increase organizational agility.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of science/technology
- Minimum of six years of related work experience in food R&D with a minimum of five years’ experience in one or more of the following markets is required: protein, consumer packaged goods, food science, poultry, further processed meats.
- Confirmed ability to influence the business and cross functional teams locally, regionally and globally
- Experience successfully bringing new products, upgrades and cost innovation or improvement initiatives to market with agile research and development engagement in project stage gate process
- Strong English written and verbal language skills.
- MSc/PhD in Food or Ingredient Science, Meat Science, or relevant discipline
- Ten years of related work experience in food R&D with a minimum of five years’ experience in one or more of the following markets is required: protein, consumer packaged goods, food science, poultry, further processed meats. B2B experience is a plus.
- Five years of experience in managing and developing high performance teams
- Laboratory and pilot plant management experience, knowledge of regulatory affairs and animal welfare in the animal protein space
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, demonstrated.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills to develop and cultivate deep customer relationships
- Strong business acumen
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/