Application specialist plant based meat alternatives
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Application Specialist - Meat/ Meat Alternatives will coordinate, align and innovate by exploring, developing, and implementing new and existing products within the meat alternative category. In this position, you will provide technical expertise to new product development for product line growth and technology/ process development for the creation of new capabilities. This position identifies and implements technical solutions against business goals.
- Identify product growth and new product opportunities, modifying plans to meet opportunities across our meat alternative product offering.
- Stay current with literature and analytical advancements and works with independently on daily tasks.
- Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
- Develops and implements innovation roadmap market plan(s) including market and innovation plans aligned to the business strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, sales, ops, food safety quality and regulatory).
- Collaborate with research and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and hybrids.
- Partner with sales, business management, and marketing partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience working in a meat and/or meat alternative manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with vegetable proteins
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Experience working successfully in a matrixed organization
- Experience working within cross functional project teams
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
- Strategic thinker with ability to build effective plans to support strategic initiatives
- Prior experience in product management
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.