Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st and 2nd.
Sign-On Bonus: $2,000
- Overtime Potential
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Career Development Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Leading a team of maintenance mechanics under the direction of the plant's maintenance manager and maintenance supervisor. Completing documentation relating to work orders, researching parts to order, communicating with other plant departments on equipment status', back up to the maintenance supervisor. Performs daily assessments of work area and addresses opportunities to meet business and customer expectations; including but not limited scheduling/staffing updates and line balancing
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc. Documenting completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary. Utilizing and working with maintenance trades and components such as industrial electrical/automation, industrial millwright work, and industrial plumbing, along with completing various building/grounds work. Operating forklifts and/or scissor lifts
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility while working in a fast-paced environment around raw meat and ready to eat product. Utilizing, repairing and testing various equipment, including automated packaging equipment and conveyor systems.
- Lead shift exchange daily meeting, filling out appropriate paperwork/reports for various parts of the process and any other duties as assigned by supervisor. Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic knowledge of Inventory software. Software specific training will be provided on the job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and daily correspondence.
- Advanced mechanical and or Electromechanical skills
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to complete basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able and willing to work nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- Forklift experience
- 1-year previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment or leadership position experience
- Meat processing experience
- Experience working with food industry technology, such as meat grinders, packaging equipment, patty formers, conveyors, scales, metal detectors, etc
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.