Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
This Full-time position is in Valmeyer IL; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This is a 1st shift position.
Cargill Food Distribution provides quality, freshness and value meat products to processors, distributors, retailers, hotels, restaurants and other partners throughout the United States. The ability to effectively pick, consolidate, cross-dock and ship products in an efficient and cost-effective manner is a feature our customers depend upon. Our state-of-the-art, strategically located distribution centers ensure that our products reach our customers and consumers with unmatched freshness and quality.
Cargill Food Distribution has an opportunity available for a 1st Shift Warehouse worker. General warehouse position responsible for picking orders, verifying counts, shipping and receiving of product, and general housekeeping/office duties as assigned.
- The person will be working alongside with third party company
- Operate Stand-up Forklift and Electric Pallet Jacks.
- Pick product/Order filling.
- Scan Inventory/Rotation, Cycle counting.
- General Warehouse maintenance and housekeeping.
- Billing and filing.
- Responsible for safety of themselves and teammates and making sure the third party workers follows Cargill safety procedures.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to work in a Under ground facility
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold (under Zero Degrees cold).
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 60 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Forklift Experience
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Basic use of a computer
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.