Operations Management Associate 2021
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Position Application: Operations Management Associate 2021
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
Operations Management Associate Position:
The Operations Management Associate role is a training role that will prepare you for the plant Operations Supervisor role following a 6-18 month training program. It enables you to become familiar with the workflow of plant operations giving you learning and shadowing across plant teams and department. The duration of that training will vary based on the business and previous experience. Primary training could include:
- Environmental, Health & Safety Leadership
- Continuous Improvement
- Human Resources/Talent Management/Employee Relations
- And much more based on your areas of interest
This role requires the associate to learn about the business through performing critical tasks executed within the production environment that will involve physical activity in our food, and/or grain processing facilities. This generally requires a moderate amount of physical exertion on a fairly regular basis. The work may also involve other conditions or exposures (i.e. heat, cold, grain dust, etc.). Depending on the business, this role will require occasional shifts including 2nd and 3rd shift hours.
- Relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, retirement benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field
- Access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities
- Beef processing
- Poultry processing
- Egg processing
- Cooked further processing
- Grain processing
- Across the United States; must be open to relocation
- Plant setting.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program in any discipline, or completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree between May 2020 – Summer 2021
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekends should the occasional need arise
- Pursuing an agriculture, business-related degree, or engineering degree (including but not limited to Animal Science, Ag-Economics, Ag-Business, Ag-Education, Agronomy, Food Science, Feed Science, Meat Science, Grain Science, Operations Management, Ag-Systems Management, Ag-Engineering, Supply Chain, Mechanized Systems Management, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution).
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRG’s) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive, and leverage our employee’s unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Asian Alliance Network
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.