Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate 2021
- Partner directly with supervisor and leadership to effectively complete tasks, track progress, and monitor development.
- Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems, including raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing, and oversight of analytical testing performed in operations control rooms.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action and communication with regard to processing data, final product and wastewater.
- Identify and resolve product quality problems and work with team members from various departments to ensure quality, food safety, and microbiological requirements are met. Complete specific FSQR projects designated by the FSQR leadership team. Write FSQR/Micro procedures as needed. Complete facility and Processing Area FSQR Assessments, Sanitation Assessments, Support and coordinate corrective action teams, as needed. Participate in a committee and engagement activities.
- Provide back-up assistance for FSQR Professionals and Supervisor, Food Safety Specialist, or Microbiology Supervisor. Complete pre-shipment review and product clearances as needed. Effectively communicate FSQR and Micro results, including timely reporting of all quality assurance activities.
- Maintain all manufacturing, safety, FSQR, Pre-requisite Programs (PRPs), and HACCP policies in production of products. Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent information to assure that processes and products are food safe.
- Coordinate and monitor FSQR audits/reviews of operational systems to include the following: FSQR/Microbiology Technician, as needed, duties to include operation/calibration of equipment, aseptic technique when sampling and completing microbiological testing, information management (SPC, Computer Data Entry into spreadsheets/databases). Candidates will cross train in both FSQR and Micro functions. Must know technician duties well enough to assist in training needs and plant training programs for new FSQR /Micro employees to assure that employees performing tasks are capable and the requirements are being met.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (i.e. Process improvement projects, development and modification of QA procedures and documents, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process start-ups and projects.
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
- Cargill FSQR labs are located in an industrial/processing plant environment. Our plants are fast paced and challenging.
- This job involves physical activity which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis – involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing over 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. Could include walking on grating at elevated levels. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (i.e. heat, cold, working in wet environment).
- Beef harvesting/processing
- Turkey harvesting/processing
- Further Processed Meat, Eggs and Ground Beef
- Starches, Sweeteners & Edible Oils/processing
- Bio-industrial and fermentation processing
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Various locations
- Pursuing or have earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical science program (i.e. Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related technical science degree with the exception of the social sciences) with graduation dates between December 2020 – Summer 2021.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willing and able to relocate.
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.