Grain and Crop Input Plant Operator
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing and distributing grains and oilseeds, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive –a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe!
- Performing facility operations such as receiving and shipping products, which mayinclude fertilizer, chemicals, seed, and grain
- Basic maintenance and operator care of equipment to ensure ongoing facility operations
- Providing excellent customer service and engaging with team members
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to working elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- May require a valid Canadian Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
- Basic mechanical aptitude
Shift: 1st Shift
This Full-time position is located in Equity, AB however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.